jzchen

Wiper Fluid Spray Pattern Adjustment.

Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:33 pm

Does anyone know how to adjust the nozzles for the wiper fluid sprayers? I am not clear on how it's done nor how the spray pattern is supposed to look. As owners may know the nozzles are actually attached to the wiper arms, as opposed to mounted to the hood as in most vehicles.

TIA.

jzchen

Re: Wiper Fluid Spray Pattern Adjustment.

Sun May 16, 2021 8:26 pm

So I finally made sense of the instructions.

With POWER ON activate wiper to MIST. While holding up (in MIST mode). Turn OFF the car. Wiper should stop in the vertical position.

Pull the arm towards you (spray mode) for >3 secs.

Release and pull again. The washers will spray alternating sides upon successive pulls. Hold for >3 secs and it will alternate sides.

There are splash down targets you try to aim the nozzles to, 4 targets driver side 2 targets passenger side:

Measurements are taken from the top of the respective wiper blade and from the center of the blade outwards horizontally:

(facing the windshield to the right of the driver wiper).

1. 168 mm from top, 34 mm to right of (center of) blade

2 . 629 mm from top, 21 mm to the right of the blade

(facing windshield to the left of driver side blade)

3. 327 mm from top, 23 mm to the left of driver blade

4. 609 mm from top, 16 mm to the left of driver blade

(Passenger side blade, facing windshield)

5. 492 mm from top (of passenger side blade), 16 mm to the right of the passenger side blade

6. 572 mm from top, 16 mm to the left of passenger blade.

I used a window marker I procured at a local AutoZone to mark the spots as best I could and aim the 6 adjustable nozzles. I filled the reservoir with tap water after realizing I was wasting washer fluid. Once I got the aim close enough I ran it until all the water was out and filled with washer fluid. You may need to repeat the POWER ON OFF/from the beginning if it times out. I found a small round flat tip bit that I used to adjust the nozzles the most effective.

Return to “Technical Discussions”