darthpuppy

Re: Regenerative Braking

Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:39 am

Being in So. Cal., I don't have the heater concerns. A/C however is kind of important. I've been driving on Econ and have sometimes noticed the A/C not being as consistent of a good performer as I would like. I will see how it does on Normal and Sport.

So far, Sport seems good on A/C and on keeping the regenerative setting where I like. But it does seem to kick on the gas engine a lot more than what I get with the car in Econ mode. This week, I will focus on Normal mode and see if I can see much difference - I already know it won't keep the regenerative settings, but would be good to know about the A/C and tendency to switch to hybrid.

darthpuppy

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:20 am

Well, I've given it some more tries and concluded that Sport Mode definitely kicks on the gas engine prematurely in my opinion. So this is not a solution for me as I want to keep as much of my driving as EV as possible. I really only want the gas engine on when I'm doing the longer commutes. I'm not an aggressive driver, so I rarely need the extra power.

jzchen

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Having mostly driven in Normal mode, I’m not even sure I know where the switch to change modes is! (That and my wife has now taken over driving the Clarity around/to work and back). So I’m afraid I do not have any data for you....

Return to “Modifications and Accessories”