DucRider

Re: Full Electric Availability

Mon May 27, 2019 6:05 am

srl99 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 pm
Can you share your experience with the charge timer? One thing I wanted on the FitEV was the ability to override the charge timer (the remote could do that, if I remember).
Never tried with the app. You can override by holding the charge port button on the remote for a few seconds - the car will give a long beep and start charging,
Gary
Oregon Electric Vehicle Association Vice Chair
www.oeva.org
NDEW City Captain
www.driveelectricweek.org

srl99

Tue May 28, 2019 11:31 am

DucRider wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 6:05 am
srl99 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 pm
Can you share your experience with the charge timer? One thing I wanted on the FitEV was the ability to override the charge timer (the remote could do that, if I remember).
Never tried with the app. You can override by holding the charge port button on the remote for a few seconds - the car will give a long beep and start charging,
Great. Exactly what I am looking for. I can set the timer in the car for the overnight charge I generally want, and if I encounter a public charger ...

srl99

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:54 pm

@DucRider - more thoughts on the Clarity BEV vs Fit EV:

Over the weekend, a friend who still has a Fit EV ( we "sold" him on the Fit EV), saw the C-EV for the first time and said "Wow! It feels like an Acura!" They have an Acura.

It seems like the C-EV does a better job of Regen than the FitEV, and the (fair weather) highway driving efficiency is about the same ?!? It's a much larger car, but maybe more aerodynamic?

I'm not sure the HondaLink system is an upgrade. The vehicle is still often unresponsive, and I have to say the FitEV was more willing to provide frequent updates than the C-EV. This may be, by design. I liked the FitEV estimates to full charge, even if they were fairly inaccurate. I liked the FitEV
temp inside the car, although I see the C-EV gives you that if you remotely turn on pre-conditioning. I think it's silly the C-EV stops charging if you stop pre-conditioning remotely.

I used the Fit EV remote control fob many times, and found it invaluable in many circumstances, but understand why it was deleted from the car.

C-EV Smoother ride, I think the FitEV has tighter steering, the C-EV seems easy to nudge out of it's path (cross wind).

Nice to have a trunk. The pass-through isn't useful for much, I thought a bike could work, but my experts tell me no. Wondering if the "third eye" window in the back means people can see into the trunk for bad intentions.

I drove to <10 miles of range, and got the low battery warning. I didn't drive (enough?) to get the second "power reduced" warning, which the FitEV had. I was nervous about having that happen on a highway. (In 55K miles on the FitEV, I got to this point only a few times).

There's a lot of empty space under the hood. More drive battery would have been welcome.

I'm not a fan of the new windshield washer system: fluid coming out of the wiper. The "old" system could give the fluid a chance to dissolve gunk on the windshield.

Garmin NAV, don't know if it's an upgrade from the Nippon Denso (?). I don't know if the Garmin NAV has voice control (not that it ever really worked in the FitEV). I don't know if the Garmin NAV will tell you if your trip exceeds your range. The FitEV NAV would always find the shortest (distance) route, which saved me a couple of times. I haven't played with the Garmin much. I think the "update maps yourself" scheme will be better than waiting for a flash drive in the mail.

I like overriding the charge timer w the remote (thanks for pointing this out). and being able to open the trunk w the remote.

The whole in-car UI needs a bunch of work, the FitEV buttons/UI seemed clearer.

srl99

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:11 am

OK - this "third eye" trunk (window) thing is not great. A friend told me about his experience leaving a package in the hatch area of a Volt. He saw this all on the security video: 4 guys in a van, two guys exit the van, one shines a light into the "third eye" area of the Volt, sees the package, smashes the window and grabs it. (Other guy - robbing other cars, 1 driver and 1 look out. Not that you needed a recipe for malfeasance.)

OK, you need to open the trunk on the Clarity, but the third eye lessens the "trunk security". And broken glass is a real pain in the trunk.

Friend suggest I block the glass area, I was thinking one-way mirror, or maybe just a black blanket to cover anything I might leave in the trunk.

Electro-opaque glass on the third eye? Honda ?

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”