kensentan

Full Electric Availability

Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:31 am

I am a resident in SoCal, but I cannot find a dealer with the full EV model. I am willing to go to NorCal dealership to grab this car too, so if anyone knows where they have this the full EV, please let me know :)

darthpuppy

Re: Full Electric Availability

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:44 am

Don't know if the database is current, but KBB.com says that Norm Reeves in Cerritos has 3 in stock. Best to call and confirm if they are still there.

jgardnernet

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:20 pm

A bit further away than Nor Cal, I just got a call yesterday that the dealer in Eugene OR has a blue one. I already picked up a white one in May.

John

jzchen

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:40 pm

We heard from a salesman that the lease rates on those were absurdly low. (We couldn't find one either), but best of luck!!!

sanilkumar0

Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:54 pm

I have booked, paid a deposit to my dealer.. 4th in line. They said one car per month they receive and dont even know when is the delivery.. its kind of fraustating..there is demand, but honda is not willing to build. Dealership dont like to sell you electric..some
of them doesnt even know an all electric version is out there.

srl99

Tue May 21, 2019 2:35 pm

I got one in Northern Cal at the beginning of May (April delivery to dealer.) I was on their waiting list for 4 or 5 months. I had a relationship with this
dealer as I got my Fit EV there many years ago. This dealer acted like they were doing me a favor "giving" me the car.

Apparently, dealership employees are grabbing them as cheap transportation, so you are not only in line behind other customers, but also
dealership employees. (20k miles / year, cheap(er) fuel and probably charge for free at the shop).

DucRider

Tue May 21, 2019 7:53 pm

srl99 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:35 pm
I got one in Northern Cal at the beginning of May (April delivery to dealer.) I was on their waiting list for 4 or 5 months. I had a relationship with this
dealer as I got my Fit EV there many years ago. This dealer acted like they were doing me a favor "giving" me the car.

Apparently, dealership employees are grabbing them as cheap transportation, so you are not only in line behind other customers, but also
dealership employees. (20k miles / year, cheap(er) fuel and probably charge for free at the shop).
What are your impressions moving from the Fit? My wife was reluctant (always gets attached to her vehicles), but no regrets at all. Way too many things better about the Clarity.

We were lucky as the GM at the dealer put us to the head of the list and we waited less than a month (got it the end of October last year). Since I am involved in promoting EV's and bring it to shows, parades, etc, he felt it would benefit the dealership to have one out there.
Our Fit extension was going to be up in January. Honda was willing to give us a 6th year (and we were actually in no hurry), but didn't turn it down when they called. They even got one in the right color - Vortex Blue (or my wife said we would keep waiting). The Clarity was going to arrive at the dealer and be ready for delivery about a week after a payment was due on the Fit, but Honda let us skip it so we got a week free :D
Gary
Oregon Electric Vehicle Association Vice Chair
www.oeva.org
NDEW City Captain
www.driveelectricweek.org

srl99

Sat May 25, 2019 12:31 am

@ducrider - We thoroughly enjoyed the Fit EV, and aside from really liking the Fit package of the day, we felt like there were some compromises appropriate to driving electric. The Clarity is a "real" car. I haven't had any cold weather experience, but I'm hoping Honda did something about the terrible range loss the Fit EV suffered in the cold.

(We were sad not to get the magic seat in the FitEV.)

I'm thoroughly disappointed in HondaLink activation. As a Fit EV pioneer, it didn't surprise me it took a couple of phone calls and several days to get the FitEV online, Honda should have gotten it's act together by now, and hasn't. It took several phones calls and several weeks - unacceptable.

DucRider

Sat May 25, 2019 4:56 am

For us, the heat pump in the Clarity (and different battery chem?) has made a big difference, but also the GOM is better. We found the Fit EV to be a bit pessimistic on a full charge in the cold.
40 - 50 out of the 82 has been replaced by an easy 60 - 70 (out of 89) in similar conditions.

Our HondaLink activation was seamless enough that I can't remember anything about it :? Sorry to hear yours was not.

Only thing a little wonky is the trunk pass through. Not a big issue but makes fitting some stuff that should be easy a bit of a challenge. Not an everyday (or even every week/month) event but a pain when it does pop up.
Gary
Oregon Electric Vehicle Association Vice Chair
www.oeva.org
NDEW City Captain
www.driveelectricweek.org

srl99

Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 pm

Can you share your experience with the charge timer? One thing I wanted on the FitEV was the ability to override the charge timer (the remote could do that, if I remember).

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”