jzchen

TPMS Warning, Then After Brief Stop, Add Key Battery Low.

Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:00 pm

Made a roughly 50 mi round trip today. Just as I was exiting the freeway for the last 2 1/2 mi leg home on side streets as I started turning into the 270 degree Baldwin Ave exit I get a chime, "Tire Pressures Low" and the indicator comes on and stays on. I stop when safe maybe 1/2 mi down the road. Turn off the car and get out and CAREFULLY eye the four tires. I don't notice any gross issues they look fine, so I get in and continue thinking I will check with a gauge at home. As soon as I turn on the car I immediately get another warning: "Keyless Remote Battery Low". I get home, get my gauge, and measure pressures starting with the RF (right front) tire.

Front

34.0 34.5
34.0 34.0

Rear (All in PSI)

I measure the right front again and it's 34.0 PSI.

Yes, after dropping the tire pressures to 33.0 PSI cold I reset the TPMS Calibration as manual instructs when making tire pressure adjustment. So, does the TPMS use GPS speed and calculated tire revolutions at 36.0 PSI even though I recalibrated? Frustrating. I'll check tomorrow morning and adjust again, then reset the TPMS again.

Yikes, not serious issues but as the saying goes "when it rains it pours".

jzchen

Re: TPMS Warning, Then After Brief Stop, Add Key Battery Low.

Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:11 pm

Got up this morning, pressures per Slime digital gauge (PSI):

Front

32.0 32.0
32.0 32.0

Rear

Last calibration started all 33.0.

Started car, reset calibration, light goes out and drive some. It doesn’t come back as I drive around maybe 20 mins.

Since wheels have a lot of curb rash may go get an alignment done and check tire pressure/recalibrate tomorrow morning again.

jzchen

Re: TPMS Warning, Then After Brief Stop, Add Key Battery Low.

Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:19 pm

Toe was I would say slightly off on the front right an left rear. It was at the limit of the range but computer printout shows as red meaning out. Had it aligned, checked pressure next morning, all 32.0 PSI, reset TPMS, and drove around some. No light.

Maybe it had something to do with low key battery, which showed up after stop and restart? (Shrugs)

Return to “Technical Discussions”