jzchen

Re: When to service/oil change?

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:55 pm

I got in the car last Sat evening and it said "Service Due Now" for "1" which is tire rotation. 25,5xx miles because my wife does not notify me exactly when it changes. Rotating at 25,565 mi. Want to keep track of next time. Will be interesting as I have the different service intervals staggered now....

jzchen

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:18 am

Just an FYI, as soon as I reset the tire rotation it said Service Due in 5 Months. Wonder if my wife will be annoyed...

darthpuppy

Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:58 am

I now have a Service 0 1 due. So no oil change, just the inspections and tire rotation. Perhaps they fixed this when I had it in last time and they did a software update?

I'm glad it is no longer requesting an oil change every time it wants tires rotated.

jzchen

Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:08 pm

Interesting, did you reset everything all at once? With the stay at home order we still have 3 months left to the next service. My wife only drives to work once a week on average now.

darthpuppy

Tue May 26, 2020 5:30 am

Yes, I tend to do all of the requested maintenance same day or at least same weekend and then do the reset all listed services option rather than select and clear each item individually.

darthpuppy

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:01 am

This week it started requesting A1 in 3 weeks. That would put the oil change right at 1 year/10,000 miles. Due to the shutdowns, I haven't put nearly the same pace of miles on it. So it is almost exactly 1 year and 10,000 miles since the last oil change request.

jzchen

Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:28 pm

We have 17 days per service display warning for A01. I misplaced the little Fram box flap where I recorded the last oil change on December 22 of last year. Our trip to Monterey last month offset the decreased use due to COVID. Was really looking forward to narrowing down the exact mileage it is set for. I did realize that there is a good amount of (used) oil left in the system upon draining, so maybe that's the motivation for the somewhat shorter oil change interval. Does that mean the engine design isn't so good? (Shrugs).

jzchen

An Apology

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:31 pm

Yesterday early AM I went to get the car washed so my wife didn't have to drive a filthy car to work. Maintenance Minder said 11 Days to go. She went to work and came back. I asked her if it says service is due thinking highly likely not. Today I check tire air pressure and since I make an adjustment I get in to do a TPMS calibration. Surprise it says Service Due Now A 0 1. Hugh? Mileage is 32706. I wonder why it went over 10k miles last time? Maybe because we charged daily back then and used the ICE little compared to now? Since COVID we haven't been charging at home at all so the car is driven mostly in hybrid mode unless I find and use a charger while out and about. My parents now both retired get the electric bill so I don't want to burden them with a higher bill...

Sorry if I misinformed. I wonder if the interval changes based on how much the ICE is used? I guess it does.

jzchen

Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:32 pm

darthpuppy wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:12 am
BTW- The air filter change was easy to do. And now there are a couple youtube videos on it to provide guidance.
Cabin filter or engine air filter? I think it's a long while before the engine air filter is called for. (Manual notes 15k miles if in very dusty conditions or something to that effect. May qualify since the recent fires). Been shopping around for an engine air filter. For some reason I recall you saying Purolator or something that starts with "P". Hoping you didn't mix up the cabin air filter with engine air filter...

Return to “Technical Discussions”