jzchen

Re: PHEV: Fuel Door Getting Stuck/Not Opening.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Like a fine wine ripening over time, this stuck door is now extremely rare or dare I say no longer happening. Definitely happy...

darthpuppy

Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:52 am

Good to hear it is behaving better.

darthpuppy

Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:58 am

I just noticed something the last 2 times filling up. When I press the fuel door button, the dash changes to display a message "Please wait a moment" along with a fuel icon. A progress bar goes across the screen and then the fuel door pops open.

The car must be doing something to prepare for the fuel door to open? That would explain the delay in opening which I had previously perceived as the button not working on the first press. So it might not be a sticky door or button, but a different than normal design where they have a built in delay for some reason.

jzchen

Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:54 am

After the wait notification and progress bar is complete, there is a "Ready" notice. Unfortunately I confirmed it said "Ready" when the door was still stuck closed. It wasn't consistently stuck so I just lived with it. (I did bring it to service attention when it was there for recalls and free first oil change, but the service adviser just said that they could not replicate the problem).

The driver side wiper would hit the A-pillar somewhat randomly. I was grateful that they were able to resolve that one....

Return to “Technical Discussions”