jzchen

Re: How are people liking their Claritys

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 am

Honda has put the manual and user’s guide online for you to read and get acquainted with the controls.

Hopefully setting the cruise control will help you keep a more constant speed!

alfdbrown

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:40 pm

I purchased my 2019 base model on May 24th. Pleased in some ways. Not in others. Number one issue for me is security of the trunk. I carry very valuable equipment in the trunk when I travel and have been the victim of 'smash and grab' theft. The trunk button in the Clarity is not 'lockable'. A theif can break into the main compartment and simply pushed the trunk button and be into the trunk in a flash. My former Honda's had a lockable lever. The salesperson told me the key-fob had to be within range for the button to work. She was wrong. We tested it at the dealership and it works no matter what. I asked about disconnecting the button and the first answer I got was it will void the warranty of the whole car. Really?
So that's the negative. I also went from my 2014 plug-in Accord to a base model Clarity and the comfort is just not the same. It does handle nicely and the battery range is better. I have yet to see how the mileage stacks up. I used the HVC mode on the highway and it seemed to charge pretty slowly and cost me severly in mpg. Immediately down below 30. I assume I will get better at managing the charge. I am in Texas and there were only two Clarities available in whole state and the were base models. No tax break here either:( Of course that's no Honda's fault. I would have bought the Touring model if it had been available.
On a more positive note I did have a near miss accident in which the braking and handling seemed to help me avoid a serious crash. The Clarity skidded but I was able to maintain control at over 55 miles per hour.

cwhite

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:04 pm

I realize that this is quite a pain but perhaps pulling the trunk lid fuse from the drivers side fuse box??? From looking at the owners manual it looks like each door lock has it's own fuse and I would bet a nickel that fuse 37 (LID ACT) would be for the trunk lid. I have a 'Bag-o-Canon' that's worth 1/2 of what the car is, I know of what you speak.

DucRider

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:29 pm

cwhite wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:04 pm
I realize that this is quite a pain but perhaps pulling the trunk lid fuse from the drivers side fuse box??? From looking at the owners manual it looks like each door lock has it's own fuse and I would bet a nickel that fuse 37 (LID ACT) would be for the trunk lid. I have a 'Bag-o-Canon' that's worth 1/2 of what the car is, I know of what you speak.
Unfortunately that fuse will likely disable the electronic latch completely and not just the interior button. The result is likely to be not being able to get into the trunk at all (fob and button on the lid itself would not function).

Disconnect the remote button. The dealer saying it will void the entire car warranty is full of it. They would have to prove that disabling the button caused the failure of the head unit, fuel pump, or whatever was the warranty issue. Same thing goes for aftermarket accessories. Dealers often tell you that installation will void the car warranty, but the same burden of them proving it caused an issue applies.
Gary
Oregon Electric Vehicle Association Vice Chair
www.oeva.org
NDEW City Captain
www.driveelectricweek.org

srl99

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:22 am

Software bug - If the doors are locked the inside trunk release should NOT work.

Does the Clarity have any sort of alarm? Even my 2005 Pilot has a bit of an alarm, if it thinks the vehicle is locked and a door opens, the horn blasts. (Unfortunate when you leave a someone in the car for a few minutes, lock the doors with the remote and they decide to get out - but it's a very basic alarm.)

The trunk window, just isn't great.

I'm not sure the lock when I walk away feature actually works - I haven't tested it properly.

Return to “Clarity Plug-in News”