darthpuppy

Re: When to service/oil change?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:11 am

At 12,056 this past weekend, it came up with the A 0 1 service due in 4 weeks prompt. That would suggest 13-14k miles for the 2nd servicing if mileage based. But the 4 weeks puts the timing exactly 6 months after the first servicing. If mileage based, I would have expected it to request it at 15k. I lost a month of driving the Clarity due to having to use a truck due to cargo. So, now I'm thinking it is more time based.

I'd definitely go for the free service and hold onto the supplies. You will eventually be able to use those. Might as well save the cash for now. Just be aware they may use this as an opportunity to sell extra services.

I'm tempted to just do the rotation and see what it says regarding the oil change. But, it wasn't hard to do, so I will probably go ahead with the oil too.

jzchen

Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:38 am

Interesting find, current stats:

A 0 1 Due in 19 Days
11195 miles current mileage. (Have been avoiding charging and running on gas to hopefully hasten the due date).

Strangely 1 is back!....

jzchen

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:25 pm

11242 mi and 17 days for A 0 1. Have a service appointment at 1 pm...

jzchen

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:12 pm

Had a sticking gas filler cap (the cover that pops open when you press the electronic fuel fill release button), in particular in cold weather, so when I got to the service drive I told the SA and tried it again, stuck. Four recalls were noted, (one was just an updated Warranty CD/DVD ROM that they left on the front seat. Got a notification they finished around 10:40 am yesterday. I noticed they didn’t specifically note “tire rotation” so I had my wife take her other car to work today to verify tread depth and have them rotated today if needed. I checked the tread depth and 3 are just under 5 mm while the RR tire was almost at 5 mm mark. I guess I should have the RR rotated to FL for the best wear for now.

Bummer they don’t wash cars. I guess I should get it washed too....

darthpuppy

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:50 am

So they didn't rotate the tires?

Did they fix the fuel door?

As for the wash, it's supposed to rain quite a bit the next several days.

jzchen

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:30 am

Our work order notes the scratch on the front passenger side wheel. That wheel was still there when I checked after getting it home. (My friend’s brother used to be a Honda technician at a different dealership and he said he would rotate them even if not called for because he’d have the wheels off to check the brake pad thickness anyways, but I noticed you can check the pads through the spokes. I also have a tread depth gauge and the RR tire had the most depth, tendency is to make more right hand turns than left and wear the other three...

SA said they tried the fuel door several times and it worked every time. I confirmed this when checking yesterday. (My wife went to pick it up Monday). I guess it only happened in cold weather. Kind of frustrating trying to open it last week at 6 am at Sam’s Club.....

Thanks for the heads up about the rain! I didn’t know but didn’t have time to get it washed yesterday.

darthpuppy

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:20 am

Today my dash says the service is overdue by 1 day. Since I took delivery on 2/18,/18 I'm very sure it is time based. Serviced scheduled with the dealer for 3/1, so I guess I will see it balk for 2 weeks.

jzchen

Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:06 pm

For some reason our first service was due at about 7 months. After reprogramming it says 6 months, (and for a tiny bit it said 7 months). Definitely confused.

jzchen

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Got to drive ours a little today. 5 months left. Took delivery 3/19/18 so might be 6 months from last service? Shrugs....

jzchen

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:10 pm

Five months switched to 4 months a few days ago, (over the weekend)....

Return to “Technical Discussions”