jzchen

Driver Wiper Hits A-Pillar Inconsistently.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Found while driving on the freeway last week during rain that the driver side wiper would intermittently hit the A-Pillar. It's currently at the dealer where they are sorting it out! I put electrical tape on the A-Pillar to protect from scratching while I waited for the appointment.

tafkam

Re: Driver Wiper Hits A-Pillar Inconsistently.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Same issue noticed it first time it rained. Had it adjusted but then noticed that the passenger side was doing the same thing, then took a closer look at both sides and they both seemed to vary as to how close they would get to the trim. On some passes it looked like about a half inch short but on other passes it looks like it hit. Took back to the dealer and they adjusted both down and now it seems to be resolved, although the wipers make more noise than I think they should but I think the hitting the frame part is fixed. I have not made up my mind yet as to if I like the "cross wipe" thing versus the more common right to left wiper swipe. Not sure if the pattern has anything to do with the noise but I hear these wipers more than I did on my 2009 Fit.

jzchen

Re: Driver Wiper Hits A-Pillar Inconsistently.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:28 am

I have been contemplating changing the wiper blades because of this roughness, that I also noticed recently. Might be that, or the spring tension is too great. Sadly the Costco sale on hybrid type blades for $5.99 each just ended or is ending. They had the listing as 26” for both sides, but that you might need to call them for the proper adapter. Not sure if you need to pay or not since I didn’t pull the trigger on buying them. I kind of prefer beam type blades.

Return to “Technical Discussions”