darthpuppy

Key slot behind rear headrest?

Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 am

I was cleaning my car the other day and spotted a keyhole behind the driver side rear passenger headrest. Looking in the trunk, it looks like there is a small compartment attached on that side which is not on the passenger side.

Anyone know what this is for? Is this usable storage space? Does the stub key from the keyfob open it? If so, how? I don't see any buttons or opening, so I'm guessing if it does and I turn the key, the compartment in the trunk will drop? If so, it would require 2 people to reassemble. So I'm not brave enough to just try it. I didn't see anything about this when I read the owner's manual.

cwhite

Re: Key slot behind rear headrest?

Wed May 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi, The key slot is to open the trunk if the switches do not work. Page 564 in the manual, page 562 is how to open the fuel lid manually and 563 is the charge door. Enjoy your Clarity!

darthpuppy

Re: Key slot behind rear headrest?

Thu May 17, 2018 3:02 am

Ah that makes sense.

I only read the 162 page "Owner's Guide" that came with the car. After reading your response, I've now found and downloaded the "Owner's Manual" which is much longer and more detailed. I guess that was on the CD or DVD that came with the car. :oops:

Return to “General / Main Clarity Plugin Owners Forum”