darthpuppy

Re: Driving Strategy: When to Use ECO, HV, etc.

Fri May 11, 2018 4:25 am

Well I tried Sport mode today. Despite having 30 some miles of indicated EV range, the gas engine kicked in to provide more power even though I didn't encounter the click-point and go past it. So unless I did something wrong, Sport mode does trigger more gas use.

CamasClarity

Tue May 22, 2018 1:39 am

This last weekend drove to Boise Idaho an back to Camas Wa.

Left with the battery fully charged (54 EV miles) full tank of gas showong 1000 miles HVrange. Averaged 44.8 mpg. Drove 5 mph above speed limit and as fast as the road allowed when going uphill in the mountains. Typical east wind on the gorge with strong side winds past Boardman till Pendelton. Side wind was stronger than the line assist. The car was drifting off the road.

Coming home we left Boise with 5 EV miles and slowly charged to 38 EV miles by Cascade Locks. Pretty strong head wind from Boardman till home. Drove speed limit, and alloed 5-10 mph speed drop going uphil in the mountains. Averaged 47.8 mpg.

Had to fill the tank in Pendelton going and Baker City coming back. We had a gallon left when we reached Camas. The light came on, and it took 6 gallons to fill the tank.

405 miles each way.

darthpuppy

Tue May 22, 2018 3:48 am

Cool to hear about the long trip and the fuel economy.

Now go post this info on the Leaf forum and let's see if we can get some more converts. 8-)

Return to “Technical Discussions”